Friday, July 13, 2012

Still Daydream Believin'

Today was the first day since February 29th that I could listen to Daydream Believer without crying. That is not to say that I didn't tear up as Davy sang "Cheer up sleepy Jean," because I did. But I kept the tears back and I let myself enjoy a song that has been a huge part of my life since I was 5 years old.

Many bands come and go. Favorite songs change on a regular basis, but there are some constants in my life and The Monkees and Davy Jones are one of those constants.

I have to say, Davy was the last person I earmarked for an early death. Yes, 66 is an early death. Personally, I think anything under 90 is early. No matter what, Davy will always hold a special place in my heart and I'm glad I can listen to the song again.

However when I really feel nostalgic about Davy, I listen to him sing Shades Of Grey with Peter Tork...and my heart melts....



Davy Jones....I'll never get over losing you.....

No comments: