A Pretty Life and my sister loves it. I've made it for her 2 times already.
Its a very simple recipe and it comes out perfectly every time.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped chives (fresh or dried..I've used Lighthouse Dried Chives and they are fabulous)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (You definitely want to squeeze out as much of the moisture out as possible)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and egg.
- Whisk the melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mix, and gently combine. Don't over mix the batter.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, shredded zucchini and chopped chives.
- Grease your 9x5 bread pan. I like to use baker's joy on mine