Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stuffed Pepper Casserole

I was hunting down a recipes again. I love stuffed peppers but when I get home from work I don't have the time, or the stamina to make them. I have a bad case of the lazies.

Kraft's website has an awesome and totally delish recipe for Stuffed Pepper Casserole that you have to try!!

What You Need
1lb. lean ground beef
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
1jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1-1/2 cups KRAFT Shredded Italian* Five Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA, divided
Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF.

BROWN meat with peppers and garlic in large skillet; drain. Stir in rice, spaghetti sauce and 3/4 cup cheese.

SPOON into 2-qt. casserole; top with remaining cheese.

BAKE 25 min. or until heated through.

I did this a little differently. I used mozzarella in with the meat and colby jack on top, because we always use colby on our stuffed peppers. Instead of minced garlic, I bought Ragu's Tomato, Onion, Garlic spaghetti sauce and it worked wonderful.

This was super easy to make and it was loved by my whole family, which is a hard thing to do.

No comments: