Thursday, November 22, 2012

My Final Twilight Rant


I absolutely hate the whole Twilight franchise. The first two books drove me insane. I never got around to Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, and I don't know that I ever will.

I tried to read the books with an open mind, because I really can't understand why women my age (late thirties) and older get their panties all in a bunch about this series.

The writing is mediocre if best. (Serious, the gals writing for Harlequin Nocturne do so much better) The characters are annoying.

I could go on, but I won't.

I want to rant about the movies.

I've not seen them, because they scare me. Not in a frightened kind of way but in an OMG how did they cast these people kind of way.

What do people see in Robert Pattinson..and more so, Kristen Stewart...and while I'm at it, what did those two see in each other?

She's so meh...

And he's just not what I pictured Edward to look like when I read the first two books.

Of course, he's not as awful a casting as say Tom Cruise as Lestat. That was the worst. To this day I refuse to watch that film because of it.

I hate Tom Cruise.

The only good thing about Breaking Dawn Part 2 coming out, is that I hopefully won't have to hear much more about these books and maybe the two stars will fade into obscurity, as they are both pretty lousy actors/actresses

Bye Bye Twilight. I won't miss you!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Robert outside of Twilight actually seems pretty cool.

As for Tom Cruise, he's surprisingly good. Even Anne Rice objected initially and changed her mind.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

There's something about Tom that repulses me no matter what the film. I can only stomach him in Legend..and that's only because of Tim Curry

Janelle said...

I'm normally the same way. I actually LIKED him in Interview with the Vampire, which was weird. Legend, too. Man, do I loves me some Legend.