Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Sad Sad Ebook Library

I love ebooks and I love the fact that our library is online, but there are so many things about ebooks and lending that annoy me.

Allow me to rant about the whole sad sorry ebook mess.

1. You are almost always on a waiting list for books because there's just not enough selection.

2. No renewing your ebook lending period. If you don't finish in 14 days, jump back in the queue.

3. I've heard through the grapevine that the lending thing with most libraries isn't too friendly with Kindle, which makes me glad I own a Nook for once.

4. Poor categorization at the elibrary. I want wider genres for searching.

All in all, ebook libraries are nice, but they are lacking. It seems like they have all the books by certain authors, and none by others, and you'll seldom get any surprises which really takes away the joy of looking for books.

No comments: