Saturday, March 2, 2013

Got Food?

I love to cook. On my own terms.

What does that mean?

I like to try new recipes and I love to bake.

I didn't really start cooking until I was in my mid-thirties. I had no reason to. My mother was the Queen of the kitchen.

However, now her health isn't as it should be and we need to eat.

She always collected cookbooks and in the past few years, I've weeded through them, finding some real gems along the way.

But I have to say that the main source for finding great recipes has been the internet.

I want to share two of my favorite sites for recipes.

Six Sister's Stuff

These gals are awesome. I'm actually going to be reviewing their new cookbook on March 9, over on my book blog. I've already tried 3 recipes, 2 dinners and 1 dessert and they were fab and super easy to make.

They also have great craft ideas for the family. They make me wish I weren't just a mom to a passel of kitty cats.

 Mennonite Girls Can Cook

The Mennonite Girls share great recipes that range from easy to complex and they do it with a touch of spirituality.

I've found some fabulous recipes here and I hope to be able to buy their 2 cookbooks soon. I check out this site once a day, in case I miss something yummy.


If you love to cook, these are two sites you should seriously consider bookmarking for future reference.

No comments: