Friday, August 9, 2013

Oven Baked Tacos

Everyone has a recipe for oven baked tacos. Do a search..you'll find lots of them.

But a week or so ago, I made enchiladas and the filling was so easy and yummy that I knew that it would work fabulously in a taco.

So here's my take on this quick and easy supper, that I served with Spanish rice-a-roni

1lb - 11/4 lbs of ground beef
1/3 cup of frozen chopped onion. (or fresh..I like the frozen because its uniformly chopped)
1 can of cheese soup..cheddar or Campbell's Fiesta Cheese
1 package Taco Seasoning. (My favorite brands are Taco Bell...and Old El Paso Mild)
1 can of refried beands
1 package of taco shells (12 count)
Your favorite shredded cheese blend. (I like Mexican or Taco Blends from Save A Lot)

Preheat your oven to 400

1. Brown your ground meat with onion.
2. Drain liquid.
3. Add taco seasoning, soup and beans, mix so that everything is coated.
4. Fill each taco shell and place in a 9x13 baking dish
5. Sprinkle cheese inside each taco.
6. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes

Yum!

No comments: