Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ruined For Castle

The other night mom, the nephew and I, watched Doctor Horrible's Sing-A-Long blog. Shortly after watching my mom declared that she would never watch Castle in the way way again, because of Nathan Fillion's part as Captain Hammer.

Understandable.

There really are some roles that stick with an actor and its hard to look at them in other parts. That's why so many of the actor's that played Doctor Who wanted to leave after only a few seasons. They didn't want to be type cast, however talented.

Sadly this wasn't really the case here. It was more of an OMG I can't believe this guy is playing such a goofy part for no good reason.

Yet, as most of us know Doctor Horrible is really full of LOLS.

I was surprised to hear my mom laughing at it so much. At 76, she doesn't always find the same things funny that we do.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I'm going to be able to look at Nathan Fillion in the same way.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I loved Dr. Horrible so, so much. So did my brother, & we're both big Castle fans.

On the one hand, I understand the Nathan sentiment. On the other hand, my brother & I found ourselves thinking it was a role perfect for him.

Then again, I also watched Firefly & Serenity, so I feel like I've seen enough Nathan doing other things that it's not going to make a huge difference for me.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

You know what's funny..I find Nathan's Firefly/Serenity character to be much like Rick Castle.

I loved Captain Hammer though. It was a hoot, but I don't think I'll view Castle in the same way now.

Janelle said...

I think all 3 characters to have some similarities to each other. Maybe it's just the way he plays them.