Friday, July 1, 2011

An Intriguing Book

Untold Story: A Novel
I have to admit, Monica Ali's book that was inspired by Princess Diana really has me intrigued.

It has mixed reviews, but something about a what if, involving this woman really makes me want to grab a copy and start reading.

I always find it funny when people say American's don't care about British royalty. We do. They are intriguing people, even though it is hard to fathom why anyone is born to rule a country without anyone else having a say so in that matter. But then again....voting for someone doesn't always net a good ruler either...case in point...George W. Bush...oh wait, we didn't elect him the first time around, he stole the Presidency.

Ah well, it doesn't matter. I just think this looks like it might be a fun summer read. Tis a shame though that we don't have Princess Diana to read about. I'm sure if she were still alive, her life would be much more fascinating than what any author might dream up for her.

No comments: