Monday, March 12, 2012

When Books And TV Collide

There are so many awesome shows based on books, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, The Lying Game...uh True Blood.

And then there are shows loosely based on books, like Bones. 

I've read some of several of these series..and I've watched the shows. People...Bones is so much better than Kathy Reichs, drier than the Sarah Desert prose. 


But do any of you remember Past Life? It was a very short lived show on Fox. Like 7 episodes, short lived. I watched a few of them, and after reading a few of M.J. Rose's Reincarnationist series, I understand why. Like Bones, it is loosely based on the books. But unlike Bones, Rose's books are interesting and colorful and full of history.

It isn't that I didn't enjoy the show, because I did, but there was so much going on in the books that they could really have made a great series from them, rather than what they did, which was really ho hum. Rose's books deserved better treatment

What series of books do you wish would make it to the small screen

No comments: