Sunday, January 6, 2013

Now Here's An Idea

Have you noticed that with some movies, they give you a file that can be used on your tablets etc? Amazon even offers a free streaming for so many days on certain movie purchases, for those of us that aren't patient enough to wait for the darn thing to come in the mail.

But what about music?

What if you are one of those people, like me, that likes to own the CD, but doesn't want to wait for the hard copy to arrive.

Why not offer the album on the Cloud for those that buy them, or give a digital download with the album purchase.

I think I'd buy more music if this were something offered. Mostly because download files will always be available and if something happened to the disc, I'd still have my music.

Plus, it would just be nice...

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Some musicians/companies do, but usually with a flash drive. I believe the Beatles remasters did it, and I've seen other smaller bands do packages of vinyl, CD, & USB. I think it should be more widespread, though, & might actually encourage sales.