Sunday, March 2, 2014

Creamed Ground Beef On Toast...

On Sunday's I like to find something that isn't frozen to feed the family.

Dad has a soft spot for waffles and french toast sticks.

Well a few week's ago I saw Trish Yearwood make creamed ground beef on toast. For those of you around during wartime, that's SOS (shit on a shingle)

I think if I ever made this as breakfast for dinner I'd have hash browns or homefries with  it, but we are not big breakfast eaters here.

The recipe is simple.

1 lb of ground beef
1/4 c flour
2 cups of milk (or a little more depending on how much gravy you want)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

Brown the ground beef until no pink remains.

Drain.

Sprinkle with flour and mix in the skillet until well coated.

Add the milk and stir until it thickens.


Yummy!

No comments: