Thursday, March 6, 2014

My New Favorite Book Series

Awhile back I was part of a book tour for one of Jennifer Chiaverini's books, Sonoma Rose. I loved the book but it was a hard read.

For some reason that kept me from reading her other books, until I started going back to the library, where I came across The Christmas Quilt, part of her Elm Creek Quilts series. I fell in love with that book, and now I have to read all of them, in whatever order I find them!

I love the history in these books and the family stories that are involved in each book. Jennifer weaves the past and present well in each, just as she brings the past to life in her historical novels.

Right now I'm reading The New Year's Quilt and I feel like I'm meeting old friends.  Imagine if Debbie Macomber wrote books with a historical flair. That's how these books feel to me.



This is the list of the books from the series. If you've read any of these, share your thoughts with me.

* The Quilter's Apprentice (1999)
* Round Robin (2000)
* The Cross-Country Quilters (2001)
* The Runaway Quilt (2002)
* The Quilter's Legacy (2003)
* The Master Quilter (2004)
* The Sugar Camp Quilt (2005)
* The Christmas Quilt (2005)
* Circle of Quilters (2006)
* The Quilter's Homecoming (2007)
* The New Year's Quilt (2007)
* The Winding Ways Quilt (2008)
* The Quilter's Kitchen (2008) 

* The Christmas Quilt takes place in the interim between The Quilter's Apprentice and Round Robin.
* The Sugar Camp Quilt is set in 1849-1850, so it takes place before the events chronicled in Gerda's memoir in The Runaway Quilt.
* The Quilter's Homecoming is set mainly in 1925, but it branches off from a storyline introduced in The Christmas Quilt.
* The New Year's Quilt immediately follows The Quilter's Legacy.

No comments: