Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Recipe: Lazy Girl's Baked Ziti

When my youngest nephew comes for supper he always asks for pasta.

Any pasta will do.

He isn't picky, but I can only eat so much spaghetti before I go nuts.

I decided I wanted to go with baked ziti, but I didn't want to go the route of ricotta etc. So I scoured the internet.

I found two recipes that had alfredo sauce instead of ricotta. In one you mixed the alfredo and the spaghetti sauce together and the other had you coat the pasta with alfredo. The later was the recipe I decided to use.

Its easy and has minimal ingredients and 5 out of 6 people loved it (You can't please everyone)

Ingredients
1 lb ground meat
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 jar alfredo sauce
1 lb of ziti pasta
1 1/2 cups of Italian Cheese Blend or Mozarella or a combination of both


Directions:
1 Prepare pasta according to package directions
2 Drain pasta and place in 9x13 baking dish. Pour alfredo over the pasta and toss to coat.
3. Brown the ground meat and drain. Return to pan and pour the spaghetti sauce over the meat and warm.
4. Pour meat mixture over the noodles and top with cheese.
5. Cover and cook @ 350 for 30 minutes


No comments: