Saturday, December 5, 2009

Endings

Endings

This seems to be the year for endings. Last night Monk took his farewell run across our tv screens, and in a few short weeks, David Tennant will be taking his bows as the 10th doctor.

I don't know about you, but this is more than I can handle. Not to mention Uncle Rusty killing off yet another beloved character in Torchwood. I knew from the in your face ratings that the mini-series got that there will be a series 4, but I have to say I'm a bit apprehensive, because of all the characters to be left with Captain Jack, Gwen is the character I hate the most. If he was feeling so vindictive, why not just kill the whole team and then start fresh? Oh wait, that would probably bring us all joy!

But I wasn't really going to rant about how I fucking hated Children Of Earth, I was hear to rant how I hate that 2 of my most loved characters are going to be exiting stage right.

Monk did so gracefully last night. I was really pleased with the closure they gave him and the opening they left for revisiting the show either in special form or in (dare I hope) movie form.

That's not so easy with The 10th Doctor. Once he regenerates, he regenerates, and since there was a huge gap between the series, doing specials like The Three Doctors, isn't quite so easy now. Though I have to say, it would be all kinds of awesome if for a Christmas special they'd get Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleson, David Tennant and Matt Smith to deal with some nasty alien hell bent on destroying the earth.

I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with Intern Who? They varied the age of the doctor more in the original series, now they seem to be getting younger and younger.

Why do I have to deal with losing two of my favorite tv characters this year? Sure, The Doctor will go on, but Ten was and always will be my doctor. The thought of losing him is painful. I've loved Monk for the last 8 years. He's been taken away from me too!

What next?

No!

I don't want to know!

No comments: