Sunday, September 2, 2012
Doctor Who In Review: Asylum Of The Daleks
Daleks are the best alien to have The Doctor face. His oldest and most fierce enemy.
And they trick him.
But first, for those of you that haven't watched, I suggest you go to Youtube and watch the 5 minute clips of Pond Life, because that will help part of the Amy/Rory story make sense to you.
So now without giving away too much in regards to spoilers, for anyone that hasn't had a chance to watch.
Let's talk about the Daleks.
1. The Daleks that ship The Doctor/Amy/Rory off to the Asylum look like candy! Chocolate covered marshmallow Daleks! Tasty!
2. The Daleks weren't as kick assy as they usually are. I find it odd that a character that is so evil only gets a one episode story for 11, but when it was Tennant's Doctor they took up 2 and 3 episodes.
3. I loved how the dead Dalek's came back to life.
Now onto other things.
1. New companion is seen, though we aren't quite sure if it is going to be her as she is now...or if some timey wimey business will occur.
2. Amy and Rory seem to have taken on a life of their own. The Pond Life stuff really made me wish they had a show of their own, because they are so darn sweet together, plus Arthur Darvill rocks my world.
3. OMG all those Daleks. Nightmare time!
4. When did Dalek's start assimilating people like the Cybermen and erm..the Borgs on Trek?
5. Making them forget was awesome..I wonder if that will play a part in the series down the road.
6. I love the repetition of Doctor Who that we've been seeing in so many of the episodes.
Overall, I thought it was a strong episode. Lots of emotional drama for The Ponds. The Dalek's could have been more menacing, but still a good way to bring the show back! I have to say I love Matt Smith's Doctor, especially as the companions aren't trying to hump his leg at every turn like Rose Tyler.