Sunday, September 9, 2012

Doctor Who In Review: Dinosaurs On A Spaceship

Episode 2 in the new series of Doctor Who is Dinosaurs On A Spaceship. It features Nefertiti and Riddel along with Amy, Rory and Rory's Dad.

This episode puts me on the fence. I liked it up to a point but then something happened that spoiled.

I'm probably the only person who can be turned off an episode because of one scene, but that happened to me here.

I was really enjoying this one, because it wasn't about evil aliens, though the plot reminded me a bit of Voyage of The Damned in some ways. I get tired of the same old same old. How many times can the Doctor defeat the Daleks, The Cybermen and The Weeping Angels?

What bothered me so much?

It involved the Triceratops.

That truly pissed me off and put me off the entire episode. I also didn't like the foreshadowing of what may happen to at least one of the Ponds.

I like that they know that their time with the Doctor is coming to an end..but the thought of either of them dying, (in Rory's case, AGAIN) well it just breaks my heart. I really feel attached to these two as companions.

There were things that I did like about this episode. The dinosaur for one...until that moment! Grrr. I loved Nefertiti! She was badass! And Rory's dad really helped you fall in love more with Rory.

So what did you think of the episode?

No comments: