Saturday, September 15, 2012

Doctor Who In Review: A Town Called Mercy

Episode three of Series 7 is A Town Called Mercy. After last week's episode, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was frankly very depressed with Dinosaurs On A Spaceship.

This episode was pretty depressing too, but it did give us some insight on The Doctor.

He's 1200 years old now. Dang! I wonder what year it really is on Earth!

For the most part, I enjoyed the Wild West plot and I liked Jax and the comparisons they make between him and The Doctor. They are very much alike, even in the crimes that Jax committed. I also like seeing the Doctor as more flawed, losing patience and ready to make sacrifices that you normally wouldn't see from him. I like that Amy brings out the good that's in him.

Again, I found too much death in this episode, and seeing The Doctor with a gun, wasn't right before and it still doesn't feel right now. It isn't who he is.

The ending was nice, better than Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

So far, this series has had too much drama and not enough fun for me. The Doctor is getting to be a bit too serious and I think that is a bad thing. Matt Smith certainly could carry some more comic scripts and lord knows there needs to be something more amusing here...if we're going to recycle not to great aliens, why not bring back the adipose, at least they were cute!

No comments: