Monday, May 27, 2013

Revisiting Old Friends

My life has been so stressful lately that I've not had the opportunity to listen to music. Now I love music of all varieties. So not being able to listen to music has put a damper on my life.

This weekend I grabbed The Moody Blue Greatest Hits and put it in my car's CD player. For the first time in probably 2 years, I heard "Question." I almost didn't recognize the song. In fact, I didn't until Justin started playing that fabulous acoustic guitar solo.

Now I have George Harrison's Cloud 9 playing.

It has taken some of the edge off a weekend that hasn't been what I wanted it to be.

There are so many albums I want to listen to and love again, because music is that important to me.

This weekend, I've listened to Mika, Gordon Lightfoot, The Moody Blues, & George Harrison and it has felt like I was hanging out with old friends.

It was the only joy I had this weekend.

It is amazing what music can do for the psyche.

Have there been any band's you haven't listened to in a long time, and when you finally put their album's on, you felt so much better?

No comments: