Sunday, June 15, 2014

Homemade Waffles

This morning I wanted to make something special for breakfast, as it was Father's Day and likely the last one I'll have with my dad.

I found an old NordicWare waffle iron awhile back in one of our cupboards and wanted to try it. Well, after I took a good look at our Belgian waffle iron, and decided that that little puppy needed to make its way to the trash.

So I searched the internet for recipes and found this one which I adapted just a little bit.


Ingredients: 1 3/4 cups flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 TBS sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 stick butter (melted)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
Directions
1. Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix
2. In a separate bowl, place eggs and milk, wisk together until blended
3. Add melted butter and egg/milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a wire wisk just until blended

Now for how to use stove top waffle iron

Heat the waffle iron about a minute or two on both sides. The temp gauge should say bake.
Spray with butter spray
pour about a ladle and a half of batter into the iron and close cook on one side for about 45 seconds and flip. I flip about 3-4 times until both sides are similarly golden. Then remove with a fork and top with your favorite toppings

I actually found using this iron to be easier than the electric variety, and much easier to clean.

No comments: