Sunday, August 17, 2014

Oh Robin, My Robin

I've wanted to say something about Robin Williams all week. It is hard to find the words to express the sadness that I feel that he is no longer among us.

I could talk about how horrible mental illness is...and addiction.

I could talk about suicide.

But that's not what we should remember about Robin Williams.

We should remember his legacy of entertaining us, from Mork from Ork (I grew up with that show) to his recent role as Simon Roberts on The Crazy Ones. Oh CBS I hope you feel some guilt at his death! That show really should have been given a chance.

And then there are the movies.

Robin was truly one of those people that could to drama and comedy and do them both well. When you saw that he was in a movie, you had to go see it. I loved most anything I saw him in, and that includes, Death To Smootchie. That one was a wild ride.

But there are the films that are so brilliant, Dead Poet's Society, Good Will Hunting, Mrs Doubtfire and The Birdcage.

This man could and did play any character.

So rather than remember the way that he died, let us remember what he left us. Hours of smiles and laughs.

Robin, you will be missed.

No comments: