Thursday, May 28, 2015

Mmm Egg Salad

You get bored with the same old same old recipes sometimes.

Granted I'm all for the tried and true, eggs, mayo, and dijion mustard version, but I had a lot of hard cooked eggs and I wanted to try something different.

I want to thank Taste of Home for this great recipe that I only modified slightly.


Ingredients

3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise (1/3 of a cup worked better for me)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped green or sweet red pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (I omitted the parsley and added about 1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard)
8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped



Directions
In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in green pepper, celery, relish and parsley. Fold in eggs. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 3 cups.

I usually like my egg salad on a nice roll or bun, but I had melba round crackers from Aldi and it was yummy.

No comments: