Sunday, May 24, 2015

Southwestern Pasta Salad

The Memorial Day holiday always means a nice pasta salad.

This year I took the lazy girls way out and used a Suddenly Salad mix and jazzed it up.

I looked at the recipe for the Southwest Salad on the Betty Crocker site and it was a little too much. So I kept what I liked and changed a few things and I have to say the result is quite nice.

I'm going to add a package of Southwest Chicken to the salad before serving, but it is honestly yummy just the way it is.

Ingredients

1 box of Classic Suddenly Salad
1/2 cup italian dressing
Hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 can green giant mexicorn
1 can tomatoes and green chilis drained
1 can black beans drained
1 cup grated mexican cheese


Direction

Prepare pasta according to package directions
In a medium bowl combine, seasoning packet, dressing, about 5 splashes of hot sauce and cumin and mix well
Add pasta and remaining ingredients and combine
Cover and chill for an hour before serving to get the optimum flavor!

No comments: