Friday, June 26, 2015

Top 10 Shows Of My Childhood

I've been feeling really nostalgic lately. Maybe it is because of my impending move. There's something about leaving the house you've live in for 41 years that makes you think of the past.


10. The Monkees: I discovered this show and the band long before Mtv brought them back in the mid-80s. Like most young girls from the 60s, I had a huge crush on Davy Jones, and I still haven't quite gotten over his death.


9. Red Dwarf; I picked up on this show between high school and college. I even have an mp3 of the Tongue Tied song, sung by Cat, Rimmer and Lister from Parallel Universe. It's smegging brilliant.



8. Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiago: I was hopelessly addicted to this PBS kids show, when I was probably too old to be watching stuff like this. The show started airing when I was a junior in high school. It was a geographical game show. And Rockapella were in it, and thus came my crush on Scott Leonard!


7. Wishbone: Another PBS favorite of mine. I even have a plush Wishbone. I just loved this show. It combined my love of books with my love of cute animals.

6. Solid Gold: Before there was Mtv there was Solid Gold an their slutty dancers bringing music into my world



5. Mama's Family: How can anyone not love this show? I don't know why it didn't last longer than it did. Vicki Lawrence and Carol Burnett...oh and Betty White too! Such a fun show!


4. Alf: How can you not love Alf? I've had a thing for aliens for along time it seems. I could never keep Alf around these days though, since he likes to eat cats!


3. The Facts Of Life: What girl didn't want to go to school with Jo, Blair, Tootie and Natalie at Eastland? I know I did!



2. The Jeffersons: A spin off of All In The Family, the Jeffersons was one of my favorite shows from the 70s and 80s. I still love watching reruns today.

1. Full House: I was totally in love with Danny Tanner from the time this show started until it ended. I have to admit I liked the earlier years before Jesse and Becky got married

2 comments:

raptee said...

explains A LOT!!!! actually i watched about 40% of those..well, maybe I watched Red Dwarf in the 90's and today; Monkees for sure, Full House, certainly....ALF..somewhat...................the others, not really--hey, where's BLOSSOM??

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oddly I wasn't really into Blossom or Punky Brewster that much, though I did watch them. There was Kids Incorporated too which I loved which starred Martika and Fergie from Black Eyed Peas.