Monday, July 20, 2015

Don't Judge Me By My Skin Color, Judge My Music Collection

I saw this on Facebook the other day, and I have to say I totally agree with it.

I'd rather judge you on what you listen to rather than who you sleep with or what color you are.

Why do I think that way? Because I think what we listen to reflects our personality.

Now, I'm not going to hate you for what is in your CD collection or mp3 player, but if your collection only consists of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, I may have to reconsider our friendship.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't listen to either of these two artists, because there music is fun and lighthearted. Everything has its place.

I have more trust for people that have diverse tastes in music. If you are open minded with your listening habits, most likely you'll be open minded in other areas of your life, which is always a good thing in my book.

Here's a sampling of the artists in my collection

ABBA, Crowded House, Duran Duran, Erasure, Glass Tiger, Gordon Lightfoot, Elvis Costello, The Moody Blues, The Beatles, The Monkess, Herman's Hermits, Matchbox Twenty, Imagine Dragons, Owl City, Celtic Thunder, Zac Brown Band, Lady Antebellum.....

So what's in your collection?

No comments: