Friday, August 7, 2015

Jon Voyage

Words cannot express my great sadness at Jon Stewart's departure from The Daily Show.

But sadness isn't the only emotion that I'm feeling. I'm also feeling anger, that he could leave right before a presidential election, when the clown car of one political party is filling up with crazies, and only Jon could wade through the BS that they spew and make it palatable.

How will we get through this election without him?

Sadly I don't have that much faith in Trevor Noah.

That said, I totally respect his desire to spend more time with his family and even their desire to spend more time with him.

Heck, who wouldn't want to spend more time with Jon?

He's smart, funny and attractive.

Dude!

He's the perfect man.

And in his 16 years on The Daily Show he really made a difference. He got people paying attention to politics and he made it easy to do. The other thing that always impressed me was how well he carried out interviews. Even if he was interviewing people whose views were in line with his, he was always professional and courteous.

So Jon, yes, I'll miss you. I wish you well. But I hope you aren't out of the spotlight for long.

No comments: