Sunday, August 16, 2015

Receipe: Porcupine Balls

Porcupine Balls are one of my favorite comfort foods.

I spent all day trying to find a recipe that tasted as good as my mum's but was a little simpler. I've tried so many recipes for this dish. I'e liked many of them, but none of them came out the way my mom made them until I found this one.

Ingredients

1 1/4 ground beef
1/4 cup rice uncooked (I highly recommend using River Rice)
1 egg slightly beaten
1/2 T parsley
1/2 tsp salt
dash of pepper
2 cans of tomato soup divided
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp Worchestershire sauce

Directions

1 Combine ground beef, rice, egg, parsley, onion, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of tomato soup. Mix well.
2. Shape mixture into large balls my recipe made 10 -12 meatballs or 20 small ones
3. Mix remaining soup, water and Worchestershire in a small bowl and pour over meatballs.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes or until meatballs are cooed and rice is soft, stirring often. If you use the cheaper rice, it will take longer.

Serve with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggie

No comments: