Sunday, July 20, 2014

Recipe: Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

These are the cookies of doom. I started making them early this morning and found out I didn't have baking soda. I thought I'd run to Dollar General only to find all the crackheads in our neighborhood were hanging out  there, so rather than get mugged, I went to Rite Aid.

They were all out!

So off I went to Giant Eagle.

Then I stopped at Dairy Queen to pick up lunch for my dad, only to get a call that my Starbucks Gold Card fell out of my purse at the store, so I had to go pick that up.

Yeah, it was hell!

But the cookies are yummy, and since we don't have central air, it was nice to be able to bake today. I hate turning the oven on in the summer. I do a lot of skillet meals and crockpot suppers this time of year.


Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or any other baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt 1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
 
Directions

 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.

2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 54 cookies.

No comments: