Saturday, July 5, 2014

Slow Cooker Lasagna

I made my birthday dinner this year. It was the first year in ages that no one was in the hospital on my birthday

My recipe was inspired by the one on Kraft's website.

Ingredients

1.5 lb of ground beef
2 34 oz jars of Del Grosso Meat flavored spaghetti sauce
Lasagna noodles
1 15 oz package of ricotta cheese
2 cups of Italian Cheese Blend shredded cheese (divided)
1 egg
1/4 c grated parmesan
2 Tspn chopped parsley

Directions
Brown the ground meat and drain
Add sauce
In another bowl combine egg, pamesan, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese, parsley and ricotta and stir until blended.
Layer sauce noodles cheese and repeat. (I did three layers and I have enough lasagna noodles to make another lasagna)
Cook on low about 4-6 hours.
Mine was done closer the 5 hour mark.
Add cheese and leave on warm for 10 minute until cheese melts.

I shut the crock off then and let it sit so that it cuts better.

This was one of the best lasagna's I've ever made.  It tastes better than my oven baked lasagna and the Del Grosso sauce is to die for if you can find it. Usually I use the Giant Eagle brand sauces,which trump all the name brands, but this one was fabulous!

No comments: