Monday, October 18, 2010

A Great Suspense Read

Harlequin's Mira line has a wonderful writer in Deanna Raybourn. She's written a fabulous historical mystery series featuring Lady Julia Grey. Now for those of you that say, "Harlequin! No way!" I say, suck it and try one of the Lady Grey mysteries. They should be read in order, but I never do things the easy way. I read the second book first and am now reading the fourth.



The best thing about the Lady Grey books are the characters. There's no wishy washy women here, and the men all have interesting character flaws that make you like them all the more.


Lady Julia is actually a bit annoying at times, and her dislike of dogs made me want to hit her a few times while reading Silence In The Sanctuary, but it didn't stop me from loving the book.


Deanna is definitely a must try author. Oh and there's no real romance in these books either.




No comments: