Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why I Hate Glee

I realize that I'm maybe one of maybe 2 people that despise this show, but I figure I've got a right to my opinion and I'll give you my opinion.

I've never been a fan of people turning pop music into musical theater...it is unimaginative and wrong. I also had a music teacher that tried to get our class singing pop music and it was horrific.

It's nice to give huge stars some extra promotion by being a focus on the show..you know like Lady Gaga, Madonna and Britney need any more exposure! It is also nice that some kids get to know older songs..but hey...wouldn't it just be great if they heard good music sung by the original artists first!

I'm also not a fan of shows set in high school.

My friends, those were the worst years of my life, I don't need a show reminding me of it.

Yes, I know that the whole world loves this show and that its won a bazillion awards for its greatness, but I still hate it. Nothing will change how I feel either.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I don't think Glee would be as fun if it had all original music. Besides, that's what choirs & chamber ensembles do - they use a combination of hymns, showtunes, & pop. When I did chamber ensemble in high school, we would do things like "Battle Hymn of the Republic," "Seasons of Love" from Rent, & "Build Me Up Buttercup" in one performance. And that's what the show's about - not high school in a general sense, but show choirs. Which makes it even funnier, if you have experience in that area.