Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dear Phil

Dear Phil Collins,


It has been brought to my attention that you are quitting music. I am deeply saddened. I've been a fan for years, and I loved the songs that were cutesy as well as the more serious stuff.

I remember seeing you in concert at Starlake Amphitheater. It was one of the few shows at that venue that I actually enjoyed. It was the But Seriously Tour. You put on a fantastic show.

You shouldn't have to apologize for the success of songs like Against All Odds, A Groovy Kind Of Love or any other song. They were great songs and they still are. So what if they are adult contemporary. People think Celine Dion is the bees knees, and Phil, you are by far a superior performer and singer.

I understand that you have health issues that make playing the drums difficult, so I understand your need to distance yourself. However, you will be missed. Your music was and always will be quality and you should be proud of it.

I wish you all the best in your retirement.

Love,

The Mistress Of The Dark...

A Phil Collins Fangirl

No comments: