Monday, April 18, 2011

Why Eating Healthy Sucks

I've tried many times to go the healthy route. I've bought cook books and diet books. I subscribed to the Hungry Girl emails.

You know what?

All of these doctors, authors, TV people do it wrong.

Not that I know how to do it right, but they all write their books and doll out recipes and advice for people who are single and likely living alone or have lots of money to kill.

I want someone to come up with healthy eating on a budget. OK, on a college budget. I may be employeed full time, but I'm pretty sure there are college kids that are making more than I am.

That 4 year degree really did me good.

But back to Budget Friendly Healthy Eating.

I want to be full and satisfied, but I don't want to have to spend $30 on an internet order to get vitatop muffins. I don't want to mail order strange noodles to replace spaghetti, because

1. I can't afford it.

2. The rest of my family will kill me.

Why can't these people come up with stuff that won't make the person...erm dieting feel left out at the supper table?

Oh yeah, they like to torture us.

And this is why we all go to McDonald's and order a Quarter Pounder.

Rant ended...I'm hungry

No comments: