Friday, June 24, 2011

Summer Reading

I have huge stacks of books that I'm trying to work through this summer. My Nook is overloaded with ebooks and my house is full of hard cover and soft.

Growing Up Amish: A MemoirRight now I'm reading Ira Wagler's Growing Up Amish.  Summer vacations to Lancaster, PA have given me a curiousity about the Amish culture. I snagged an ARC ebook copy of this one via Net Galley, and I'm about a third of the way through it.

I'm really enjoying it so far, and if you have a curiousity about the Amish, this book is really an eye opener.

The next few books I really want to read are historical fiction/bios.  The first is Brandy Purdy's The Turdor throne and the other is Margaret George's Elizabeth I. When I was younger I always read about the kings and queens of Europe on my summer vacations. I devoured many of Jean Plaidy's books and loved every one.


The Tudor ThroneElizabeth I: A Novel

What books are you hoping to read this summer?


No comments: