Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thursday Thirteen On A Wednesday

 I have a friend that volunteers at the Animal Rescue League and fosters cats many times throughout the year. I love animals so much and I admire her for doing that but I know I could never do it myself and here are 13 reasons why.

1. I'm pretty sure there are laws about how many cats a person can own, and I already have more than my share.

2. If a cat moves into my house, there is no way on Gods green earth that I could give it away.

3. If anything happened to the foster I would be devestated. We rescued a starving kitty last month and my sister took it home and she didn't make it. I think I was as devestated as they were. I wanted that kitty to live.

4. One litter box per cat? My house would only be litter boxes!!!

5. I'd never make it to work because I'd be too busy, feeding kitties, cleaning up kitties and above all else, cuddling kitties.

6. My cameras would run away from home because I'd only use them for taking cute kitty pictures that I could turn into LOLcats.

7. My dog would be evicted. The cats I already have, took over the house, any more and the dog wouldn't be welcome and they'd oust him.

8. I'd never be able to eat chicken or tuna again. (There's always one cat that will kill you for one of these noms)

9. My heart would seriously break if one were adopted see # 2 for the reason.

10. I'd never be able to go on vacation because you just can't leave kitties home alone, or you will have no home!

11. I'd have to start a cat blog and have each cat blog one day out of the week. Hey! There are a lot of cat blogs out there! My cats have tried to take over my blog a few times.

12. I'm too young to be a crazy cat lady..erm...uh.

13. I really don't want to be on the evening news because I AM THE CRAZY CAT LADY!

All joking aside, I admire all the people that can take in foster kitties and dogs. It takes a real good heart to be able to be the temporary kitty mommy or daddy, until the animal finds its forever home, and every one of these people should get kudos for doing it, especially as it is really done out of the goodness of their hearts.

Hats off to all the volunteers at the shelters! If not for you, I would never have found my Bootsie, Misty, Gummie, and Lady Sugarplum von Buttonhead.

Remember, the next time you want a pet, go to the shelter!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Amen to adopting from a shelter. I can't stress enough how strongly I feel about shelters.