Monday, January 24, 2011

I Must See This

First, yes, I'm back! I don't know for how long, though - the spring semester (also my last) is already busy, but I found some time.

To talk about Rabbit Hole.

First of all, the poster is awesome.

Second, Nicole Kidman and Aaron Eckhart together? Yes please.

But the real factor that attracted my attention was the wonderful director, John Cameron Mitchell. He's responsible for such gems as Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Shortbus, which I have yet to see but hear is amazing.

As for the plot, it's based on a play (of the same name of course) and revolves around a couple losing a child and having to deal with the mourning process afterward. Tough subject and by all accounts a rough movie, but brilliant.

Here's the trailer.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I've heard so much about this. I want to see it but I don't know if there are enough tissues in the world to withstand the floodgates that this film would open.

Oh and Nicole = Love

Janelle said...

Yeah. Same with Blue Valentine, so I hear.