Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let's Talk About TV

As this season of telly draws to a close I find myself becoming more and more disillusioned with the boob tube.

There's entirely too many reality based shows everywhere and the dramas and comedies are all the same or at least they feel like they are all the same.

I have a few staples in my viewing...Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly and The Middle for comedies. NCIS, Castle (here and there) and Bones for my dramas. Oh and let's not forget Doctor Who. I must have some Who.

I just wish there was something more entertaining out there.

My mother commented during The Middle last night that there was more commercial time than actual show time! WTF is up with that.

In the UK, most shows that run a half hour are pretty close to that. In the US they are only about 20 minutes long, and actors are pulling in huge amounts of money!

Doctor Who is about 48 to 50 minutes except when it is on BBC America where they shave off about 8 minutes of the show somewhere.

How is this right?

Do commercials really affect our buying that much?

GAH!!!!

And while I'm bitching...USA Network, since Monk left your ranks...all of your shows...with the exception of White Collar have gotten really really boring!!!

No comments: