Sunday, May 1, 2011

More Royal Wedding Blatherings

There's a lot I don't understand about Royality. I truly understand the pagentry that goes with the marriages of the heir to the throne. Plus really, who wouldn't want that kind of wedding for themself if they had the money to put on such a fete? I know I would

William will be King of England one day, God willing.  Though at this point he will probably be well into his old age when that happens because Granny the Queen is still doing well...and Charles certainly doesn't seem like he'd be willing to abdicate in favor of this son.

But all the rest...a Honeymoon?

Granted they really aren't taking one now..but still.

Uh...they've been living together for much of the last 5 years or so.

They've vacationed together from the beginning.

Honeymoon?

Oye! and vey!

But hey..they are pretty to look at....and we all want to see what they are doing because it makes us...even American's feel like there is something magical in the world...and you just can't get that kind of magic with a democracy.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I'd go all out if it was me. The only downside, I think, is having it broadcast. Being a bride is probably stressful enough, and knowing that millions of people are going to be watching you probably doesn't help. Not that she had to worry - she's beautiful, and so were both dresses.

My dad keeps making off-color jokes about the marriage going downhill, but from the few clips/GIFs I saw, they look legitimately happy, and comparisons have been made to Diana's wedding when she didn't look happy at all.