Friday, May 6, 2011

Own a Piece of Pop Culture Beauty

Have you ever watched the 90s classic Home Alone and thought, "Damn, that's a gorgeous house. I'd love to live there." I haven't, because I was too young to care when the movie came out and now I'm too focus on the nostalgia. But if you have, the house is now for sale.

It'll cost you, though--it's going for $2.4 million. I admit, not as much as I thought it would be on the market for, but still a good bit of money. But it is a nice, big, iconic house, and it's the first time it's been put up for sale since the movie filmed.

This house isn't the only iconic movie home to hit the market recently. Cameron's house from Ferris Bueller's Day Off was also recently put up for sale, and it's cheaper: $1.65 million.

I'd rather have Cameron's house because: 1) Cameron is my favorite Ferris Bueller character, 2) Cameron is one of my favorite film characters ever, 3) that house is badass, 4) it's in the woods and that rules. And it's very modern. Unlike the Home Alone house, though, this one did hit the market before in 2009 for $2.3 million.

No comments: