Sunday, December 19, 2010

Amelia Earhart

I'm totally flabbergasted by how the media is treating the discovery of bones on a South Pacific island that may or may not belong to Amelia and her navigator.

Her plane disappeared on July 2, 1937.

You can read more of the story here

But it isn't the story that bugs me.

It was a smiley happy morning show host delivering the story that pissed me off.

See, if this story ends up being true...and the 70 + year old mystery gets some closure it means that Earhart and her navigator lived as castaways on an island. That meant that her death was probably a slow painful one. Not something that should be delivered with a smiling face.

No joke. I think that's pretty insensitive.

I wish the media could learn that even if a story is old, if the ending isn't happily ever after, it shouldn't be delivered with a grin.

No comments: