Monday, December 6, 2010

Kurt

I know there are Glee naysayers among us, and admittedly this season has kind of been hit-and-miss (the Britney Spears episode was by far the worst in the series so far. Quit with the guest stars. I fell in love with your characters, wit, and writing, and having Britney Spears on just because you can was a joke), but I still stand by statements I made somewhere on the internet at some point about how Glee and the character of Kurt are dealing with homosexuality in a totally awesome way. I think one of this week's PostSecrets helps to prove that point.



Actor Chris Colfer called it "very touching."

And here's something fun: it's currently being blamed for the crash of Tumblr. Rumor has it that it's been forwarded so much that it crashed the site. How sweet would it be if that were true?

2 comments:

JP said...

I think the story line of the bully getting expelled then reinstated holds pretty true to life...

I just hope Kurt comes home soon. He's not a conformist, which is what he has to be when he's at the other school...

Janelle said...

I know that they'd intended to address bullying after all that happened back in October, but I'm not 100% sure if the recent episodes are their reaction. I think they are, though.

I have faith Kurt will be back. I don't think it'll be for a little while, but it'll happen.

It does present an interesting dilemma, though, because he doesn't feel free to be who he is at either school.