Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Speaking Of Music In Commercials

Shouldn't it be illegal for two companies to be using the same song for ad campaigns. Especially when the songs are super earworms?

Think of the public, damn it!

I really am sick of Vampire Weekend's Holiday worming its way into my head, thanks to Honda and Hilfiger.

Grrr.

In case you've missed out on these advertising gems...allow me to spread some Christmas pain



And possibly some Thanksgiving pain...



I officially hate Hilfiger, Honda and Vampire Weekend now...

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Now, I'd count this under good music in commercials, but the catch is it's used in two plus radio spots & gets played a lot. So it's a tough call.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think I would have liked the song...had the overkill not happened. That Honda commercial is on...on just about every commercial break on CBS...no joke.

Both the ad and the song are getting old. FAST!!!