Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Congrats To Elton John

Elton became a daddy in the past few days.

Isn't that sweet?

Kinda.

I'm not saying that because he's gay. I'm saying that because he's 62 and his partner is 48. This is something that has always bugged me.

At 62..that will put him at 80 when his child is heading off to college.

I realize that he has all the money in the world to provide for a child and since he had a child via surrogate, this isn't a "bought" child like Angelina and Madonna have (along with their own). But what I wish people would do before they have children at this point in their lives is stop and think about what kind of parents they'll be...not now...but in 10 or 15 years when the child is going to need supportive and active parents.

I only say this because my parents were 40 and 47 when I was born and it has been tough on both them and me at times because of limitations that health problems brought on.

Sure, money can buy nannies etc...but a child needs a parent....both parents..no matter what sex they are. So I congratulate Elton and his partner...and I wish them both long healthy lives so that their new family member can have love and support for many many years.

No comments: