Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jim Morrison Was Way Wrong

Jim Morrison Was Way Wrong

You may be wondering what I'm talking about or in fact, what Jim Morrison was wrong about.

Let me explain. I had a classic rock mix cd in my car the other day and on came People Are Strange. That's what I have a beef with. Not that people aren't strange because they are, very strange in fact.

But this is the bit that made me giggle and go...sorry Jim, you're wrong.

"When you're strange
No one remembers your name
When you're strange."

If that were the case, no one would remember Lady Gaga, cos that chicky is so strange its scary. Marilyn Manson, he's pretty strange and we all remember him too. The list could go on and on.

I realize that I took those lyrics literally and out of the context of the song, which like most lyrics from the 1960s, don't make a whole lot of sense anyway.

Damn those were good drugs they took then, weren't they?

But back to Jim being wrong, it really does seem that the stranger a person or thing is the more likely we'll be to remember them. Of course when you're a stranger is a different matter.

Ah hell, just watch Jim.

No comments: