Monday, December 14, 2009

Willy Wonka VS Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

Willy Wonka VS Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

Two very different movies based on the same book with pretty much same characters and yet each film leaves you feeling very different. I grew up with the original, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I watched it many times growing up, but every time I watched it, I admit I was scared to death.

As much as love the Oompah Loompah's they scared the beejeebus out of me.



In fact, the only thing about Gene Wilder's original that I liked was Pure Imagination. Maybe its me. Maybe I just can't help but love anything Tim Burton and Johnny Depp do. OK, maybe it has to do with a certain Mr. Elfman doing a film score and singing some of the Oompah Loompah songs.

Whatever the case may be, I have to say, I love Charlie and The Chocolate Factory more than Willy Wonka.

What are my reasons?

1. Tim's movie isn't freaking depressing or scary. And it still retains that wonderful Tim Burton strangeness.

2. Pretty colors!

3. Johnny Depp doing his best to be Michael Jackson-esque. Fess up world, you know that's who he modeled his Mr. Wonka after.

4. The Squirrels!

I leave you with more Oompah Loompah singing

No comments: