Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Men Of A Certain Age = Meh


Men Of A Certain Age = Meh

I'm not sure what everyone is raving about when it comes to this show. I was excited about it, I love Ray Romano and Scott Bakula, but when I settled down to watch it last night, since Castle was in repeatsville, I couldn't wait for it to be over.

The thing is, I'm not sure what it is about it that makes me want to go to sleep. I'm not sure if its not enough drama for its time slot or the lack of real comedy to keep it moving, or if it just sucks. I'm also not sure if I am willing to give it a second shot.

I did learn that Ray Romano can't act to save himself, because his character in this show was pretty much the same as the character in Everybody Loves Raymond which is pretty much Ray playing Ray.

That kind of makes the portions of the show about Ray a bit obnoxious, because after years of Everybody Loves Raymond, that character was kinda getting old, much like Kelsey Grammar's Fraiser.

I hate when people that are otherwise really talented end up in lackluster shows. What I really hate is when I see a show like this and I really want to like it, and it just falls flat.

Seriously, I could have fallen asleep during this show if I hadn't forced myself to stay awake for the full hour.

Anyone else watch it, yet?

No comments: