Friday, January 6, 2012

The Hardest Part Of The Christmas Season

I don't know about you, but I hate taking down the Christmas decorations. I can fully understand the people that leave their lights etc up all year long. There's something terribly depressing about it.

I started the process of dismantling one of the 3 trees we have up in our house, and it is a slow process. I love my Christmas trees. In fact, the tree is the thing I love the most about the holiday...ok aside from the cookies. I hate putting them away.

When the tree goes up there is a sense of anticipation....When it comes down it feels so sad...There's a whole bleak year ahead of us until next Christmas.

I'm not a fan of the hustle and bustle of the holiday, but I love the lights and the decorations. I always have. When it goes away...it makes me just a little bit sad. Maybe that's why the months of Jan-March are so miserable...its dark and dreary and cold and yucky and there are no pretty lights to brighten up the winter months.

No comments: