Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Childhood Favorite

I got an email from TCM annnouncing that Angela Landsbury was the featured actress of the month and it listed Bedknobs and Boomsticks as one of her films.

Believe it or not, I've never seen that film, but it did get me looking on Amazon for movies that I watched as a kid.

Some of my childhood favorites were Yellow Submarine and Willy Wonka (Even though the Oompah Loompahs scared the crap out of me). But the other film I absolutely loved as a kid was Pete's Dragon.

When I was little, I must have watched this film dozens of times, and that was before VHS and DVD.

I had a Little Golden Book copy of the story that I read all the time.


Like the Pixar films of today, the story is a bit depressing at times. But how can you not love Elliot the dragon?

I think I'm going to have to buy a copy of this one so I can revisit it now and again.

What movies did you love to watch as a kid?

No comments: