Friday, January 13, 2012

Something To Ponder

Each week as I enter payroll taxes at work, I marvel at our stupidity. You know that Payroll Tax issue between the democrats and the republicans?

Well here's the thing...that bit of savings that doesn't really amount to much in your paychecks is a decrease in the employees contribution to Social Security.

Social Security is something that's failing because the gov't keeps dipping their greedy hands into it.

Yet we want to decrease our contribution to it...so we can have more money here and now.

That's nice in theory but when you think hard about it, it is pretty stupid.

Now I'm not one to side with Republicans on anything.

I can't fathom a good thing about any of them, especially the ones running for President, but what I do know is that sometimes I find that most of the country is uninformed about all the goings on in Congress.

We're scared of what may happen to Social Security and Medicare down the road, but we want the tax savings that may kill Social Security.

Doesn't make much sense.

Seriously....I think everyone in Washington should be fired.

No comments: