Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Falling Out Of Love With You

Oh Duran Duran, how I used to love thee.

Age has not been very kind to some of you and your music has lost its luster.

There are a lot of artists I love, but I don't usually find myself losing affection for them, however Duran Duran are different.

They have put out shitty album after shitty album since the early 90s, with one or two gems in between. Ok, one gem. If you listen to any Duran Duran album recorded after The Wedding Album, let it be Astronaut. That album won't disappoint you, especially if you love the sound of their earlier material such as Rio and Seven and the Ragged Tiger.

I found myself listening to the band again today and found myself loving the stuff pre-1992. Any time any of the newer material came on I wanted to change my playlist.

I don't think I've ever felt this way about a band. I get so disappointed by their music these days. I doubt I'll buy their next album without hearing the whole thing first.

No comments: